Bright interval in the agricultural picture
Speaking at the press conference ahead of the Conference on Promoting Enterprise Investment in Agriculture, opened on July 30 in Lam Dong, Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Vu Dai Thang said that by the end of the second quarter 2018, the whole country there are nearly 50,000 enterprises investing in agriculture, accounting for 8% of all enterprises operating in the country, but creating more than 4.5 million jobs, accounting for 32.5% total employment of the whole business.
The data above reflects the importance of this field. With a large workforce, only a breakthrough policy is promulgated that could create a new growth engine for the economy” Mr.Thang said.
Over the past two years, the agricultural sector has been turning positive. This is evidenced by the Vietnam becoming a major exporter of agricultural products in the world with tens of billions of dollars in export turnover each year. In particular, the key commodities such as seafood, cashew nuts, coffee, rice, pepper ... continuously achieved impressive growth.
In 2017, the growth rate of agriculture reached 2.9%. In the first six months of this year, the sector posted a 3.9% growth rate, the highest in 10 years. According to Vice Minister Vu Dai Thang, this result is largely due to changes in mechanisms and policies, especially the interest of ministries, sectors and sectors in agriculture.
In order to continue to create motivation for farmers and encourage enterprises to invest in this key area; at the beginning of the year, the Prime Minister assigned the Ministry of Planning and Investment to assume the prime responsibility for coordinating and setting the overall plan to organize the conference.
The conference is an opportunity for the Government and ministries, sectors, localities, enterprises in the agricultural sector and industry associations to review and evaluate the investment in agriculture. The conference summarized the achievements; point out the shortcomings, causes and suggestions, solutions to promote investment in agriculture more effective in the new age.
In the spirit of openness, the most honest, the conference has exchanged most of the relevant content, from the particular array of industries, to the difficulties of enterprises such as land accumulation; application, transfer of technology;
Will cut 50% of administrative procedures
Deputy Minister Vu Dai Thang said that in the field of agriculture is no longer limited to the market entry of enterprises. Is the only problem with the business in this field is veterinary control, epidemic of plants or animal breeds. However, this is a problem that every country has to control, which is necessary business conditions, cannot be dropped.
"With Decree No. 57/2018 / ND-CP on policies to encourage enterprises to invest in agriculture, I affirm that the business environment for agribusiness has become more open with many incentive mechanisms and policies, additional investment support from the State, "said Deputy Minister Vu Dai Thang.
“The Department has proposed the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to reduce administrative procedures. Next time, we can cut 40-50% of administrative procedures in this field” Mr. Hung said.
At the inaugural conference, the Ministry of Planning and Investment proposed adding much needed content that is the proposal for insurance companies to participate in agricultural product insurance activities to reduce risks for businesses.
"With this proposal, the Ministry of Planning and Investment hopes enterprises will have more options to share the risks caused by natural disasters and diseases, thereby making the sector more attractive in the eyes of investors, "said Deputy Minister Vu Dai Thang.
After the conference, with issues that can be resolved immediately, the Prime Minister will issue instructions. In conjunction with that, the conference will issue a groundbreaking resolution to promote further involvement of businesses in this area.
- Competence to approve investment policies (02/04/2021)
- National Assembly To Relieve Top State, Government Leaders (02/04/2021)
- Around US$700-million-worth Vietnamese Goods Stuck In Suez Canal (31/03/2021)
- Nearly 40,000 People In 19 Localities Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (29/03/2021)
- GDP Expands Nearly 5% In Q1 Despite COVID-19 Pandemic (29/03/2021)
- GE signs agreements with EVNGENCO 3 to boost largest power plants in Vietnam (28/03/2021)
- Textile FDI down but poised for strong growth: experts (28/03/2021)
- Trade surplus exceeds US$17 bln (26/03/2021)
- Highlights of Government’s Workload and Performance in 2016-2020 Period (26/03/2021)
- Gov’t Chief Holds Phone Talks With Chilean President (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (22/03/2021)
- HCMC to get four Japanese-built metro trains in summer (18/03/2021)
- Environmental admin procedure costs surge 39 pct (18/03/2021)
- HCM City: Real estate most attractive to foreign investors in first two months (15/03/2021)
- VN - bright spot in FDI attraction (12/03/2021)
- RoK becomes largest investor in VN (12/03/2021)
- HSBC: VN’s GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021 (04/10/2020)
- Gov't has been active in luring high-quality FDI inflows (28/09/2020)
- ADB: Growth in corporate bonds in VN reaches 76% by end of June (28/09/2020)
- Viet Nam has golden chance to attract investment from Europe (29/07/2020)
- EuroCham speaks at the ASEAN Forum on Sub-Regional Development (21/07/2020)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Investment Plan: SAIGON HUONG NAM RESORT (23/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE NORTHERN REGION (16/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE SOUTHERN REGION (15/09/2020)
- A project of specialized factories for manufacturing ICT - DITP ICT accessories (08/08/2020)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)