Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year
The $358-million project of constructing an undersea tunnel through Quang Ninh city’s Cua Luc Bay is expected to be finished by early 2019.
This statement was shared by Nguyen Van Doc, Secretary of the Quang Ninh Party Committee, at the latest meeting on key projects of north Quang Ninh province.
The tunnel will improve trade between Halong city, Van Don Special Economic Administrative Zone, Mong Cai International Border Gate, and other provinces.
Besides, the project will create a favourable connection between Halong city’s western tourism area, and the city’s eastern residential area.
In addition, the project will ensure the transport circulation on National Highway 18 through Halong city, Loong Toong intersection, and Bai Chay Bridge, which are showing signs of overloading and are at times completely congested, causing small accidents.
The transport circulation between Bai Chay ward and Hon Gai ward is currently difficult, especially across the Bai Chay Bridge and is even interrupted during heavy weather.
At the meeting, Doc assessed that this is an important project and required the consultants to conduct continuous studies to finish the pre-feasibility report to submit to the prime minister.
“If the pre-feasibility report is approved, the tunnel project will be constructed by early 2019,” Doc said.
Quang Ninh province plans to develop the undersea tunnel through Cua Luc Bay
According to the consultants, the 1.3-km tunnel through Cua Luc Bay is designed by the urban roads standard TCVN 104-2007 with six lanes and a total investment capital of VND7.87 trillion ($358 million), including VND5 trillion ($227.2 million) for construction.
The beginning point of the route is located on Halong Road (Bai Chay ward), 50 metres from Sun World Halong Park Gate, and 300m from the Queen’s cable car. The end point of the route will be on Le Thanh Tong street (Hon Gai ward), 50m from the fifth intersection with 25/4 Street.
Many countries prioritise investment in building undersea tunnels to facilitate transport. Examples include Seikan tunnel below Tsugaru Strait, connecting Honshu and Hokkaido islands (Japan), and the tunnel below Turkey’s Bosphorus Strait which aims to reduce overloaded traffic on the European and Asian sides.
- Competence to approve investment policies (02/04/2021)
- National Assembly To Relieve Top State, Government Leaders (02/04/2021)
- Around US$700-million-worth Vietnamese Goods Stuck In Suez Canal (31/03/2021)
- Nearly 40,000 People In 19 Localities Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (29/03/2021)
- GDP Expands Nearly 5% In Q1 Despite COVID-19 Pandemic (29/03/2021)
- GE signs agreements with EVNGENCO 3 to boost largest power plants in Vietnam (28/03/2021)
- Textile FDI down but poised for strong growth: experts (28/03/2021)
- Trade surplus exceeds US$17 bln (26/03/2021)
- Highlights of Government’s Workload and Performance in 2016-2020 Period (26/03/2021)
- Gov’t Chief Holds Phone Talks With Chilean President (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (22/03/2021)
- HCMC to get four Japanese-built metro trains in summer (18/03/2021)
- Environmental admin procedure costs surge 39 pct (18/03/2021)
- HCM City: Real estate most attractive to foreign investors in first two months (15/03/2021)
- VN - bright spot in FDI attraction (12/03/2021)
- RoK becomes largest investor in VN (12/03/2021)
- HSBC: VN’s GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021 (04/10/2020)
- Gov't has been active in luring high-quality FDI inflows (28/09/2020)
- ADB: Growth in corporate bonds in VN reaches 76% by end of June (28/09/2020)
- Viet Nam has golden chance to attract investment from Europe (29/07/2020)
- EuroCham speaks at the ASEAN Forum on Sub-Regional Development (21/07/2020)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Investment Plan: SAIGON HUONG NAM RESORT (23/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE NORTHERN REGION (16/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE SOUTHERN REGION (15/09/2020)
- A project of specialized factories for manufacturing ICT - DITP ICT accessories (08/08/2020)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)