[EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam
[EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam On Wednesday 15th April, EuroCham hosted a webinar on “The Prime Minister’s Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam?” This virtual event brought together around 80 EuroCham members to discuss the legal and practical implications of this new Decision for renewable energy investors and solar power projects in Vietnam as well as its benefits for business.
On Wednesday 15th April, EuroCham hosted a webinar on “The Prime Minister’s Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam?” This virtual event brought together around 80 EuroCham members to discuss the legal and practical implications of this new Decision for renewable energy investors and solar power projects in Vietnam as well as its benefits for business.
EuroCham Vice-Chairman Ywert Visser hosted the event, which also featured special guest speakers Giles Cooper, Partner at Duane Morris LLC; Federico Bestiani, Director of BEC Bestiani Engineering Company; and Gavin Smith, Vice-Chair of EuroCham’s Green Growth Sector Committee (GGSC).
Ywert Visser opened the event. He described how, while the renewable energy market in Vietnam has grown in recent years, some important challenges remain. He then handed over to Giles Cooper, Partner at Duane Morris LLC, who presented the legal background to Decision 13. He also introduced the specifics of this new legislation and outlined how it differs to the previous regulation in this area (Decision 11). Mr Cooper also shared an outlook on corporate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and the selected mechanisms in Vietnam.
Federico Bestiani of BEC Bestiani Engineering then spoke about rooftop solar power projects and the advantages of solar power for businesses. He described the differences between leasing and buying, the practical implications for businesses of each option, and some tips to reduce project time.
Gavin Smith, Vice-Chair of EuroCham’s GGSC, was our final speaker. He spoke about investing in solar power and the activities of EuroCham’s GGSC in advocating for the rights of foreign investors in this market. Mr Smith also discussed the outlook for power supply and demand during COVID-19 and towards 2025, and in particular the outlook for the solar sector which he forecast would see strong growth in the future.
Ywert Visser then chaired a Q&A session, in which all three special guest speakers answered questions from the audience on issues ranging from pilot projects to PPAs and from financing to land-use requirements.
During these times of COVID-19, EuroCham will continue to keep our members updated on new developments in the business environment here in Vietnam through webinars such as this one. However, due to technical restrictions, the number of guests is limited to 100. So, please follow us on social media and check our e-bulletin each week to be first-in-line to register for future webinars.
- Competence to approve investment policies (02/04/2021)
- National Assembly To Relieve Top State, Government Leaders (02/04/2021)
- Around US$700-million-worth Vietnamese Goods Stuck In Suez Canal (31/03/2021)
- Nearly 40,000 People In 19 Localities Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (29/03/2021)
- GDP Expands Nearly 5% In Q1 Despite COVID-19 Pandemic (29/03/2021)
- GE signs agreements with EVNGENCO 3 to boost largest power plants in Vietnam (28/03/2021)
- Textile FDI down but poised for strong growth: experts (28/03/2021)
- Trade surplus exceeds US$17 bln (26/03/2021)
- Highlights of Government’s Workload and Performance in 2016-2020 Period (26/03/2021)
- Gov’t Chief Holds Phone Talks With Chilean President (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (22/03/2021)
- HCMC to get four Japanese-built metro trains in summer (18/03/2021)
- Environmental admin procedure costs surge 39 pct (18/03/2021)
- HCM City: Real estate most attractive to foreign investors in first two months (15/03/2021)
- VN - bright spot in FDI attraction (12/03/2021)
- RoK becomes largest investor in VN (12/03/2021)
- HSBC: VN’s GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021 (04/10/2020)
- Gov't has been active in luring high-quality FDI inflows (28/09/2020)
- ADB: Growth in corporate bonds in VN reaches 76% by end of June (28/09/2020)
- Viet Nam has golden chance to attract investment from Europe (29/07/2020)
- EuroCham speaks at the ASEAN Forum on Sub-Regional Development (21/07/2020)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Investment Plan: SAIGON HUONG NAM RESORT (23/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE NORTHERN REGION (16/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE SOUTHERN REGION (15/09/2020)
- A project of specialized factories for manufacturing ICT - DITP ICT accessories (08/08/2020)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)