IPP Group to pour $440 million into Van Don SAEZ
IPP Group is operating series of duty-free stores at the international airports
IPP Group (Imex Pan Pacific Group) has proposed pouring VND10 trillion ($440 million) into the whole non-tariff area of Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone (SAEZ) in 2018-2023.
Johnathan Hanh Nguyen, chairman of IPP Group, has just sent a document to the Quang Ninh People’s Committee on the non-tariff area investment in Van Don in the future.
Accordingly, IPP expects to pour VND10 trillion ($440 million) into this project in 2018-2023 to construct duty-free shops and supermarkets, fashion outlet, condotels, a commerce centre and food court, as well as entertainment facilities and offices.
During the last 32 years, IPP has poured $500 million into the duty-free business at international airports such as Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai, Danang, Phu Quoc, and Cam Ranh, and became a strategic partner of major international players DFS (US) and Lotte Duty Free (South Korea).
The total revenue of DFS and Lotte Duty Free hit over $10 billion annually in recent years, with more than 38 million tourists making purchases at their duty-free stores per year.
IPP owns 630 large-scale retail stores to exclusively distribute 96 world-leading brands, including wines, watches, cosmetics, fast food. Its shelves feature patinated brands like Channel, Cartier, Rolex, and Hennessy.
At the meeting with IPP Group, Nguyen Van Thanh, Vice Chairman of the Quang Ninh People's Committee, said that the group's proposal to establish a duty-free area in Van Don suits the provincial development plan in general, and the special zone development strategy in particular.
Thanh asked IPP and Sun Group to research the master plan together to choose a suitable location to develop the project, establish the duty-free area, and promote investment and commerce at Van Don.
Van Don has become the most attractive destination for super projects.
On account of the advantages offered by Van Don SAEZ, Van Don has become the most attractive destination for super projects. These include the Van Don Heritage Road project based on an area of 3,300ha and including nine functional sections.
Sun Group is developing the VND7.5-trillion ($330.4-million) Van Don International Airport and the VND46.5-trillion ($2-billion) premium tourism complex, including a casino.
CEO Group is pouring VND5 trillion ($220.3 million) into Sonasea Van Don Habor City resort based on an area of 94ha, including five sections, namely a 5,000-room hotel, water park, shopping centre, port, and a public beach.
Additionally, FLC Group is developing two large tourism projects, the VND1.12-trillion ($49.3-million) Furama Halong Vietnam Resort and Villas, and a VND46-trillion ($2-billion) resort entertainment complex.
Earlier, Quang Ninh hired Arcadis, CallisonRTKL to provide consultancy services for Van Don SAEZ’s development master plan, which was financed by Sun Group.
- Competence to approve investment policies (02/04/2021)
- National Assembly To Relieve Top State, Government Leaders (02/04/2021)
- Around US$700-million-worth Vietnamese Goods Stuck In Suez Canal (31/03/2021)
- Nearly 40,000 People In 19 Localities Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (29/03/2021)
- GDP Expands Nearly 5% In Q1 Despite COVID-19 Pandemic (29/03/2021)
- GE signs agreements with EVNGENCO 3 to boost largest power plants in Vietnam (28/03/2021)
- Textile FDI down but poised for strong growth: experts (28/03/2021)
- Trade surplus exceeds US$17 bln (26/03/2021)
- Highlights of Government’s Workload and Performance in 2016-2020 Period (26/03/2021)
- Gov’t Chief Holds Phone Talks With Chilean President (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (22/03/2021)
- HCMC to get four Japanese-built metro trains in summer (18/03/2021)
- Environmental admin procedure costs surge 39 pct (18/03/2021)
- HCM City: Real estate most attractive to foreign investors in first two months (15/03/2021)
- VN - bright spot in FDI attraction (12/03/2021)
- RoK becomes largest investor in VN (12/03/2021)
- HSBC: VN’s GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021 (04/10/2020)
- Gov't has been active in luring high-quality FDI inflows (28/09/2020)
- ADB: Growth in corporate bonds in VN reaches 76% by end of June (28/09/2020)
- Viet Nam has golden chance to attract investment from Europe (29/07/2020)
- EuroCham speaks at the ASEAN Forum on Sub-Regional Development (21/07/2020)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Investment Plan: SAIGON HUONG NAM RESORT (23/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE NORTHERN REGION (16/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE SOUTHERN REGION (15/09/2020)
- A project of specialized factories for manufacturing ICT - DITP ICT accessories (08/08/2020)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)