An American enterprise to invest $4 billion in LNG energy project in Bac Lieu - Vietnam
A project to produce LNG energy and gas will be deployed by the US investor in Bac Lieu province. The total investment of the project is up to $4 billion.
People's Committee of Bac Lieu province and Energy Capital Vietnam have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on investment in the construction of a project to supply natural gas (LNG) and LNG power plant in the coastal area of Bac Lieu province.
The project has a total investment of about 91,400 billion VND (equivalent to 4 billion USD), 3,200 MW.
According to the plan, the project will be implemented in 10 years, from 2018 to 2017 and divided into 3 phases. Phase I, to complete construction of a 1,000 MW power plant, is expected to start in 2018 and come into operation by the end of 2021. In Phase II, the construction of a new power plant with the capacity of 1,000 MW, to be operational by the end of 2024. Phase III, a distance of 1,200 MW, will come into operation in 2027.
The project will be built on an area of 100 hectares. The specific location is determined based on the study of site assessment in accordance with the requirements of the project, avoiding the use of protective forest.
According to the leadership of Bac Lieu People's Committee, the development of the project is in line with the national energy development strategy as well as the actual situation in the locality, especially when the Prime Minister approves the province to withdraw the project of Cai Cung Thermal Power Plant (Hoa Binh district) out of national electricity planning.
After the MOU signing ceremony, there will be a series of further work to be done, such as research, survey and preparation of project investment preparation procedures, reporting to relevant authorities for investment policy, Certificate of investment ...
If approved, this will be the largest foreign invested project in Bac Lieu ever. And if it is approved, this will be one of Vietnam's large scale gas projects.
Recently, in Singapore, the People's Committee of Quang Ngai ptovince and Sembcorp Group (Singapore) signed the MoU on the implementation of the Quang Ngai Electricity Project with the investment capital of over $ 2 billion.
This project was originally planned for construction of thermal power plant by Sembcorp, but after the information on Ca Voi Xanh gas field to be exploited, it was switched to gas power plant.
Quang Nam and Quang Ngai have also been approved by the Prime Minister to become the Central Electric Power Center, with a total capacity of 4 plants with a total capacity of 3,000 MW.
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Competence to approve investment policies (02/04/2021)
- National Assembly To Relieve Top State, Government Leaders (02/04/2021)
- Around US$700-million-worth Vietnamese Goods Stuck In Suez Canal (31/03/2021)
- Nearly 40,000 People In 19 Localities Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (29/03/2021)
- GDP Expands Nearly 5% In Q1 Despite COVID-19 Pandemic (29/03/2021)
- GE signs agreements with EVNGENCO 3 to boost largest power plants in Vietnam (28/03/2021)
- Textile FDI down but poised for strong growth: experts (28/03/2021)
- Trade surplus exceeds US$17 bln (26/03/2021)
- Highlights of Government’s Workload and Performance in 2016-2020 Period (26/03/2021)
- Gov’t Chief Holds Phone Talks With Chilean President (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (26/03/2021)
- Malaysian news portal appreciates Vietnam’s FDI attraction (22/03/2021)
- HCMC to get four Japanese-built metro trains in summer (18/03/2021)
- Environmental admin procedure costs surge 39 pct (18/03/2021)
- HCM City: Real estate most attractive to foreign investors in first two months (15/03/2021)
- VN - bright spot in FDI attraction (12/03/2021)
- RoK becomes largest investor in VN (12/03/2021)
- HSBC: VN’s GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021 (04/10/2020)
- Gov't has been active in luring high-quality FDI inflows (28/09/2020)
- ADB: Growth in corporate bonds in VN reaches 76% by end of June (28/09/2020)
INVESTMENT PROMOTION INFO
- Viet Nam has golden chance to attract investment from Europe (29/07/2020)
- EuroCham speaks at the ASEAN Forum on Sub-Regional Development (21/07/2020)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Investment Plan: SAIGON HUONG NAM RESORT (23/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE NORTHERN REGION (16/09/2020)
- OVERVIEW OF THE SOUTHERN REGION (15/09/2020)
- A project of specialized factories for manufacturing ICT - DITP ICT accessories (08/08/2020)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)