Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018
With a number of projects in the pipeline, Hoa Lac High-Tech Park (HHTP) in Hanoi targets to attract $1 billion in investment in 2018.
A source from the HHTP Management Board told VIR that it is working with a number of domestic and foreign investors on the licensing of several projects. These include a Japanese-invested $300-million project, Mitsubishi Chemical’s $92-million project, and the Nano technology paint production project of KOVA Co., Ltd. with the total investment capital of over VND1 trillion ($44.44 million).
In the first four months of 2018, HHTP licensed four projects totalling nearly VND11 trillion ($488.88 million), three of which were foreign-invested.
In 2017, HHTP granted investment certificates to three projects with the total investment capital of VND5.05 trillion ($224.44 million), covering a total area of 11.7 hectares.
The licensed projects are being developed smoothly. South Korea's Hanwha Techwin's Aero Engines project worth $200 million was kicked off in September 2017 and is currently installing machinery and equipment for the trial operation. The investor plans to expand investment in the project to $260 million in 2021.
With the investment capital of $200 million,in 2017 Hanwha Techwin became the first foreign investor to enjoy the corporate income tax (CIT) rate of 10 per cent for 30 years, securing the highest incentive available under the investment and tax laws.
Japan’s Nidec Corporation received the investment certificates for two projects worth a total of $400 million in April 2018. The company is completing the necessary procedures to begin construction and put the projects into operation in the first quarter of 2019, thus making Nidec the second foreign investor to enjoy the 10 per cent special CIT incentive.
As regulated by new regulations, new investment projects of at least VND4 trillion ($181.8 million) in HHTP shall be subject to the 10 per cent CIT for the next 30 years.
HHTP has so far revoked investment certificates from 19 long-delayed projects.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc visits HHTP in early 2018
Following the issuance of a new decree governing special incentives for HHTP, the Ministry of Finance on March 30, 2018 enacted Circular 32/2018/TT-BTC guiding the implementation of the decree 74. This served as the foundation for Hoa Lac to increase its allure in the months to come.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)