Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion
The southern province of Binh Phuoc has granted 24 investment licences with the total registered capital of over $1 billion under the witness of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
At the conference, the Binh Phuoc People’s Committee has granted investment licences to 10 foreign invested projects and 14 locally-invested projects with the total investment capital of $1.13 billion.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc lauded Binh Phuoc’s efforts to attract investment despite the province’s relatively small budget of VND1 trillion ($43 million). The local authorities have created the most favourable conditions for companies through direct dialogues to identify and solve their problems as well as investment promotion activities.
The prime minister said that the attraction of $1 billion investment capital is impressive. However, it is important to turn the commitments into reality. Binh Duong, the neighbouring province, has become an attractive investment destination in the country. He stressed that Binh Phuoc can do the same if the province can unlock its full potential.
Binh Phuoc is located in the southern key economic region and is a gateway for trade exchange between the provinces of the south-eastern region and the Central Highlands provinces and the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The prime minister cited the recent partnership between Thaco and HAGL to develop agricultural projects worth tens of trillions of dong in the Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Triangle Development Area. Binh Phuoc should build stronger connection with these agricultural projects as part of the province’s strategy to attract investment.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc made a keynote speech at the Binh Phuoc Investment Promotion Conference 2018
Binh Phuoc should also focus on smart agricultural projects with an emphasis on its local cultural identity. Also, the province needs to tap into the potential of the fishery sector and develop a hi-tech processing industry for agriculture, industrial crops, and forest products to join regional and global supply chains.
Nguyen Van Tram, chairman of the provincial People’s Committee, said that Binh Phuoc is doing its best to accelerate industrialisation and modernisation to continuously promote rapid and sustainable development, environmental protection, social security, and constantly improve the well-being of its people.
“In particular, the province will maintain the growth rate of the entire agricultural sector and intensify the implementation of measures to promote the development of high-quality agricultural production,” he said, adding that Binh Phuoc continues to reform industries and prioritise the development of industrial products with competitive advantages and industries in service of agricultural development.
Binh Phuoc is home to eight industrial parks with complete infrastructure. Spanning 193 hectares, Minh Hung-Korea Industrial Park has attracted several Korean investors and achieved an occupancy rate of 100 per cent. Meanwhile, Becamex-Binh Phuoc Industrial Park and urban complex covers a total area of 4,600 hectares, including a 2,400ha industrial park and a 2,200ha resettlement area.
According to the master plan until 2020, Binh Phuoc will have 13 industrial parks covering a total area of 4,700ha as well as Hoa Lu Border Economic Zone with a total area of 28,000ha.
Binh Phuoc will focus on attracting projects in the field of high-technology and organic agriculture, agricultural and forestry product processing with the key products being rubber, cashew nuts, pepper, and fruits.
In the first seven months of 2018, Binh Phuoc has attracted 22 projects with the total registered capital of $314 million. Among them, seven new projects are located in Becamex Binh Phuoc Industrial Park with the registered capital of $272 million.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)