Vietnam Receives 166 First FDI Projects in 2018
Foreign direct investment from the beginning of the year to January 20, 2018 attracted 166 newly licensed projects with a registered capital of $ 442.6 million, a decrease of 5.1% in number of projects and a decrease of 64.4% of registered capital over the same period of 2017.
Investment in Vietnam - Foreign direct investment in January 2018 was estimated at $ 1,050 million, up 10.5% against January 2017.
There were 415 capital contributions and share purchase of foreign investors with a total capital contribution of $ 356 million, up 54.7% over the same period of 2017. Of which, 212 capital contributions, share purchase increase charter capital of the enterprise worth $ 199.1 million and 203 foreign investors buy back domestic shares of $ 156.9 million without raising charter capital.
FDI of new projects in the month mainly focused on processing and manufacturing industry with registered capital of $ 330.6 million, accounting for 74.7% of total newly registered capital.
Followed by the production of electricity, gas, hot water, steam and air conditioning is $ 60 million, accounting for 13.5%; the remaining sectors reached $ 52 million at 11.8%.
In the whole country, there are 24 provinces and cities directly under the Central Government which have new foreign direct investment projects licensed in January 2018, of which Ho Chi Minh City has the largest registered capital of $ 86.2 million, accounting for 19.5% of total newly registered capital. Nam Dinh attracted $ 80.2 million, 18.1%; Ninh Thuan of $ 60 million, accounting for 13.6%; Binh Duong of $ 36.7 million, accounting for 8.3%; Long An of $ 35.2 million, accounting for 7.9%; Bac Giang of $ 27.3 million, accounting for 6.2%; Hanoi of $ 25.7 million, accounting for 5.8%.
Of the 23 countries and territories that have new investment projects licensed in Vietnam in January this year, Singapore is the largest investor with US $ 147.7 million, accounting for 33.4% of total newly registered capital.
South Korea is 70.4 million, accounting for 15.9%; Norway of $ 70.1 million, accounting for 15.8%; The British Isles of Vigin of $ 51.4 million, 11.6%; China of $ 20.1 million, at 4.5%; Indonesia of $ 20 million at 4.5%; Hong Kong (China) of $ 16.5 million at 3.7%.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)