Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019
(MPI) - On January 23rd, 2019, at the headquarters of the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Vietnam-Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 was held by the Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation (SMRJ) and the Foreign Investment Agency, Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Speaking at the Symposium, Director General of the Foreign Investment Agency Do Nhat Hoang said that 2018 marked a tremendously significant milestone - 30 years of attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) in Vietnam and 45 years of establishing Vietnam-Japan friendship. The relationship between the two countries has been constantly developing, becoming strategic partners in all fields, especially in economy, trade and investment. Japan is the country with the largest official development assistance (ODA) for Vietnam, the second largest foreign investor, the third largest partner in tourism and the fourth largest trading partner of Vietnam.
Director General Do Nhat Hoang said that, for three consecutive years (2016-2018), SMRJ has collaborated with the Ministry of Planning and Investment to successfully organize business delegations to visit and attend exhibitions in fields of information technology, transportation, electronics, auxiliary industries which were held in Japan.
According to the Foreign Investment Agency’s statistics, by the end of 2018, Japan is the second-largest investor over 130 countries and territories investing in Vietnam with 3,996 projects and a total investment of 57 billion USD that mainly concentrated in fields of manufacturing and processing industries, real estate and services, etc. It can be said that the investment capital flow from Japan into Vietnam has contributed significantly to the socio-economic development of Vietnam in a sustainable way. Many Japanese corporations have been present in Vietnam with reputable products with high technology and skill, contributing to the replacement of imported goods, enhancing exports, boosting growth and Vietnam’s position in the world.
|At the Symposium. Photo: MPI|
Speaking at the Symposium, Head of SME Support Department, SMRJ, Mr. Higuchi, said that this is a meaningful event for sharing information about the need to find partners of some Japanese enterprises and introducing J-Goodtech - an online business matching platform. This is an effective connection channel, saving time, cost as well as human resources between the foreign small and medium enterprises in general and those of Vietnam in particular, from that, we will boost the connectivity between Japanese and Vietnamese enterprises, the two sides will become partners of each other.
At the Symposium, a number of discussion sessions took place, such as: sharing some information, business sectors that are currently trading, operating, the targets when cooperating with Japanese enterprises, the achievements of successful connection and cooperation with Japanese enterprises through participating in connection activities, advantageous and disadvantageous points in the process of cooperation and connection, etc./.
Source: Ministry of Planning and Investment
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)