The Northwest Has Overcome Difficulties to Restructure Agriculture
The Northwest agriculture sector is restructuring production, step by step to bring about positive results in production for the people.
Investment in Vietnam - Northwest has a total area of about 10 million hectares, accounting for 30% of the natural area of the country with 12 million people mainly ethnic minorities. Along with that, 80% of the hills and mountains in the Northwest have a very steep slope, poor infrastructure, low intellectual standards and human resources. These are the main obstacles to economic development of the whole region, including agro-forestry economy. Overcoming these challenges, the Northwest agricultural sector is restructuring its production step by step to produce positive effects in production for the people.
Mr. Hoang Xuan Long, Head of the Northwest Steering Committee, said that the project "Restructuring the Northwest agriculture towards added value and sustainable development" of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has contributed to the implementation of the Master Plan for Economic Restructuring in association with the transformation of the growth model in the direction of enhancing quality, efficiency and competitiveness in the 2013-2020 period.
Based on this orientation, sub-sectors of agriculture such as agriculture, livestock, fisheries, forestry and irrigation, will develop action plans for restructuring of sub-sectors from 2014 to 2020. Together with that, provinces in the region have also developed and implemented the projects under this policy.
The reality is that after restructuring the agricultural sector of each province, each of area has its own way to match the potential strength, bringing economic efficiency in agricultural production for the people.
However, the rate of agro-forestry economic development has not met with its potential and has not created a breakthrough. One of the main causes is that the North West always faces the abnormal changes of natural disaster and climate with the increasing frequency and intensity of extreme phenomena such as landslide, floods, cold rain, drought, frost ...Areas of specialized production of commodities in general are small, scattered. Forms of organization, link in production are not developed. Particularly, the number of enterprises investing in agriculture is very modest, especially those related to agricultural product processing or the application of science and technology in animal husbandry and cultivation.
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Vietnam should be Samsung’s biggest global strategic hub: PM (31/10/2018)
- New-generation FTAs offer FDI firms more rights in Vietnam (31/10/2018)
- Foreign firms shift to Vietnam due to US-China trade war (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)