Taiwan to become Dong Nai’s largest investor
Taiwan Core Pacific Group is seeking investment opportunities in fields like petrochemical manufacturing and industrial park and residential real estate construction in Dong Nai.
Lin Ko Ming, vice chairman of Taiwan’s Core Pacific Group, and Vice Chairman of the Dong Nai People’s Committee Tran Van Vinh
On April 19, Lin Ko Ming, vice chairman of Taiwan’s Core Pacific Group, visited Dong Nai and expressed interest in some potential investment sectors. The group asked for a land parcel of 100 hectares for petrochemical manufacture, and other areas to develop apartment buildings.
Core Pacific Group is one of the leading groups in Taiwan with a total value of $5 billion. Core Pacific Group operates in the petrochemical industry, infrastructure, urban development and operation, and financial services.
Vice Chairman of the Dong Nai People’s Committee Tran Van Vinh said that Taiwan ranks second among the 45 countries and territories investing in Dong Nai, with the total registered capital of over $5.2 billion.
Taiwanese businesses have invested much in the province, but there is no industrial park infrastructure. Investment in urban areas is very promising in Dong Nai, because if the investment plan complies with the provincial master plan, the project will receive support in dealing with administrative procedures.
Taiwan currently ranks as the second largets investor in the province
According to the Dong Nai Industrial Zones’ Management Board, the province attracted 1,733 FDI projects by the end of 2017 with the total investment capital of $31.3 billion.
Despite laying down stricter conditions for investment projects, FDI capital pouring into the province continued to increase this year. In particular, disbursement reached $1.1 billion, equivalent to 88 per cent of the total registered capital.
Notable FDI projects registered last year in Dong Nai
Powerknit Vietnam Co., Ltd.
British Virgin Islands
Pou Phong Vietnam Co., Ltd.
British Virgin Islands
Fulin Plastic Industry JSC Branch
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)