non-tariff area of the future Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone.
The Imex Pan Pacific (IPP) Group recently asked the People’s Committee of Quang Ninh province to approve in principle for its investment plan on the non-tariff area of the future Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone.
Under the plan, the non tariff area will be invested in 2018-2023 with an estimated total capital of VND10 trillion (US$440 million). It will include a duty free shop and supermarket, fashion outlets, hotels, shopping and food street area, indoor and outdoor recreation parks, office space and a conference, finance and tourism center as well as many other items as the Van Don planning.
At a recent meeting with the IPP Group, Nguyen Van Thanh, Vice Chairman of Quang Ninh People's Committee said that the group's proposal to form a non-tariff area in Van Don is in line with the province’s development plans, especially the development strategy of the Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone in the future.
Thanh asked the IPP Group and Sun Group to work on the Van Don’s planning together to select the best place for the project’s construction in a move to soon establish the non-tariff area with special preferential policies, which will help to boost investment and trade into Van Don.
In order to seize the zone’s special mechanism in the future, Van Don has become a hot spot attracting big investment from domestic and foreign projects. The construction of many projects worth a total VND61 trillion ($2.7 billion) is scheduled to be launched this year in the zone.
The large-scale tourism projects include the Sonasea Dragon Bay tourism complex in Ha Long commune worth VND5 trillion of the CEO Group, the Furama Ha Long Viet Nam Resort & Villas worth VND1.12 trillion invested by Viglacera corporation and a tourism complex and heritage road in Van Don, which will be built at an estimated investment of VND5 trillion.
A luxury resort and entertainment complex on Ngoc Vung island of FLC Group will also be launched, with investment of VND46 trillion, as well as a project on urban and port areas in northern Cai Bau island costing about VND3.5 trillion.
Upon their completion, the projects are expected to create a foundation for the development of the Van Don Special Administrative - Economic Unit, along with other projects of the province, including the Hai Phong - Ha Long - Van Don Expressway and Van Don international airport.
Van Don is a district comprising more than 600 islands. It is approximately 175 km from Hanoi, 80 km from the northern port city of Hai Phong and 50 km from Ha Long city. It boasts rich ecosystems, beautiful beaches and islands, with potential to become a world-class maritime tourism destination.
The government has decided to initially develop three special administrative, economic units – Van Don in northern Quang Ninh province, Bac Van Phong in central Khanh Hoa province and Phu Quoc in southern Kien Giang province.
Special administrative-economic units are magnets for investment, high technology and advanced management modes, aiming to form a high growth area that accelerates local economic restructuring and development.
The IPP Group has so far invested $500 million in the free duty shopping system in Vietnam’s big airports such as Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai, Danang, Phu Quoc and Cam Ranh.
It is also the strategic partner of the American DFS and South Korean Lotte Duty Free, whose serve some 38 million customers yearly with annual turnover of more than $10 billion.
The IPP Group currently owns 630 large-sized retail outlets, which distribute exclusively goods of 96 world-class brands such as Chanel, Cartier, Rolex, Burger King and Hennessy.
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Vietnam should be Samsung’s biggest global strategic hub: PM (31/10/2018)
- New-generation FTAs offer FDI firms more rights in Vietnam (31/10/2018)
- Foreign firms shift to Vietnam due to US-China trade war (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)