Many Provinces Get into Difficulty to Attract Foreign Capital because of Weak Logistics
Dong Thap is a province with the highest Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI) in the country but faces difficulty to attract investors, especially foreign invested enterprises. This limitation attributes to weak logistics and also is the fact of the other provinces.
Investment in Vietnam - According to the latest information from the Foreign Investment Agency (Ministry of Planning and Investment), in 11 months of 2017, the total capital newly registered, increased and contributed capital to buy shares of foreign investors are US$ 33.09 billion, up 53.4% over the same period in 2016.
Although foreign investors have been present in all 63 provinces and cities in the country, but most popular provinces and cities attracting foreign capital are familiar names such as Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong, Hanoi.
Mr. Nguyen Thanh Hung, Vice Chairman of Dong Thap People's Committee acknowledged that the transport infrastructure of the province is limited so the attraction of businesses is very modest.
In addition, Dong Thap is an agricultural province while investing in agriculture is more risky than other sectors. It is more difficult especially investors always seek the most effective locations for them.
According to the experts, the technical infrastructure has not developed synchronously, of which logistics is considered the biggest obstacle for the Mekong Delta (Mekong Delta).
The fact is that transportation infrastructure in the Mekong Delta has improved but in slow pace and lack of synchronism. Mr. Le Thanh, Director of Institute of Organic Agriculture Economics, emphasized that we want Vietnamese vegetables and fruits to be present in the world market, but there is a big barrier to logistics.
According to experts, agriculture is the strength of the provinces in the Mekong Delta but they have not taken best use of the advantages to attract FDI.
Therefore, contribution of agricultural products to the world is only about 2%, very modest compared to potential.
If agricultural provinces want to attract foreign capital, it is also necessary to have policies that are breakthrough and preferential to be able to catch new investors’ interest.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)