Korea Infrastructure Management plans US$3.2-billion resort project in Vietnam
The firm expressed interest in developing tourism in the city, especially through the Paradise Golf Resort and Bau Trung residential area.
South Korean real estate firm Korea Infrastructure Management plans to invest US$3.2 billion in a resort complex project in the southern province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau, the provincial website reported.
In a meeting with local authority, a representative of the South Korean firm expressed interest in developing tourism in the city through a number of projects, especially the Paradise Golf Resort and Bau Trung residential area for the said amount of investment capital.
After receiving approval from the city, the real estate firm will conduct pre- and feasibility study of the project, stated the representative.
Nguyen Thanh Long, vice chairman of the provincial People's Committee, acknowledged the proposal from Korea Infrastructure Management, suggesting the firm to contact the city's Planning and Investment Department for further details.
Covering an area of 220 hectares, Paradise Golf Resort would consist of a golf course with a 27-hole layout, shopping malls, exhibition center, five-star hotels, office buildings and other facilities to attract long-term travelers.
Under the master plan, the resort is connected with the Bau Trung residential area through transport infrastructure and public area.
For investors to be qualified to invest in the project, Ba Ria - Vung Tau requested investment capital of at least US$1 billion, in which investors must have sufficient financial capabilities not less than 15% of the total investment of the project.
In 2017, the province had 69 new projects, including 29 from foreign investors with investment capital of US$1.5 billion, and 40 of local investors with VND29 trillion (US$1.24 billion).
In recent years, Ba Ria - Vung Tau has stepped up efforts in attracting investments in priority fields, including industry, seaport, logistics, tourism and high-tech agriculture.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)