Kien Giang Calls for Investment in Many Projects in 2018
On January 15th in Rach Gia city, Kien Giang province held an 2018 investment promotion forum to introduce potentials, economic strengths and call for investment. Attending the Forum has more than 120 delegates representing Consulate General of India and Italy in Ho Chi Minh City, Trade Promotion Center for Agriculture (Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development), Ho Chi Minh City Management Board of Hi-tech Agricultural Park, together with investors, enterprises at home and abroad.
Investment in Vietnam - At the forum, Kien Giang Provincial People's Committee Chairman, Pham Vu Hong introduced the overview of Kien Giang Province about the potentials and strengths of agriculture, forestry, fishery, industry, minerals, and tourism. The province focuses on implementing strategic breakthroughs, restructuring the economy in line with the renovation of the growth model, raising the productivity, efficiency and competitiveness of the economy; to improve the business investment environment, create favorable conditions for enterprises to invest in production and business, and promote socio-economic development.
Accordingly, the areas calling for investment include: 14 tourism projects with a total capital of more than VND4,170 billion, 7 commercial projects worth over VND470 billion; 6 environmental projects about VND4,470 billion, 8 projects on aquaculture and agro-aquatic processing with estimated capital of VND920 billion, 18 industrial projects with the total capital of VND1,450 billion, 9 industrial infrastructure projects at VND 6,350 billion and 6 housing and urban development projects with an capital of VND1,750 billion.
In this regard, Kien Giang Province gives special priority to investment projects in the fields of hi-tech agriculture; cultivating and processing agricultural, forestry and aquatic products; production of food and consumer goods; mechanical industry, auxiliary industry; export handicrafts; electronic assembly, garment, footwear; Production of building materials; Investment and trade in infrastructure of industrial zones and clusters; urban areas, tourism; Waste treatment plant, and so on.
Also in this forum, leaders of departments and branches of Kien Giang province are involved in dialogue with some investors and enterprises on investment opportunities and answering questions. The enterprises have signed with Kien Giang 8 investment projects in the field of industry, agriculture, environment...
Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Pham Vu Hong affirmed that Kien Giang will create the most favorable conditions for enterprises to successfully implement the project and ensure sustainable development in the future. With the motto "Potential and economic strength of Kien Giang is an opportunity for enterprises", the province is committed to consistency in order to support enterprises at any circumstances. Investors and enterprises shall be enjoyed the highest preferential mechanisms and policies according to the regulations of Vietnamese law.
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Vietnam should be Samsung’s biggest global strategic hub: PM (31/10/2018)
- New-generation FTAs offer FDI firms more rights in Vietnam (31/10/2018)
- Foreign firms shift to Vietnam due to US-China trade war (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)