Japan NSSBC buys 10.5% stake in Vietnam steel processor QH Plus
Vietnam`s consumption of construction steel was expected to continue growing, and the market was attractive to investors.
Nippon Steel & Sumikin Bussan Corp (NSSBC), the trading arm of Japan's largest integrated mill Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp, on September 19 announced that it has purchased a 10.54% stake in Vietnam's construction steel processor QH Plus Corp, informed the latter in a statement.
Under the agreement, the two sides agreed to expand steel production and the network base to the world market.
NSSBC sees significant growth potential in Vietnam's construction steel sector, where the number of steel frame buildings expected to rise, S&P Global reported.
The company plans to supply base materials such as plate to QH for steel frame production and become involved in domestic distribution.
NSSBC has a long-standing relationship as a supplier to QH of materials and the stake acquisition will strengthen that relationship, the official said.
According to a Tokyo-based trader, Vietnam's consumption of construction steel was expected to continue growing, and the market was attractive to investors.
"Japan's construction steel demand is expected to decrease because of the declining birth rate, so having the base to expand a business in a growing country is important for Japanese traders to survive," the trader was quoted by S&P Global as saying.
Nguyen Quang Huy, CEO of QH Plus, stated that this strategic cooperation will not only bring benefits for all parties involved, but also contribute to the development of Vietnam's construction industry in the coming time.
QH specializes in producing and supplying steel structures, pre-fastened steel buildings, construction steel building, building components & building materials.
The company was the supplier of structural steel for super high-rise building Landmark 81, the tallest tower in Vietnam and one of the 10 tallest building in the world.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)