IZ purchase brings An Phat Holdings closer to $1 billion revenue goal
By taking over Viet Hoa-Kenmark Industrial Zone (IZ), An Phat Holdings expects to actualise its billion-dollar revenue goal in 2018.
$1 billion revenue target
After winning at the auction organised by Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) in March this year, An Phat became the new owner of Viet Hoa-Kenmark IZ and renamed the IZ to An Phat Complex Hi-Tech IZ.
An Phat Hi-Tech JSC, now An Phat Hi-Tech Industrial Park Ltd., a subsidiary of An Phat Plastic & Green Environment JSC (HSX: AAA), was established in October 2017 with the charter capital of VND100 billion ($4.42 million).
After receiving the IZ, AAA and An Phat Holdings focus on investing in the production of high-tech, eco-friendly plastic products such as biodegradable bags and high-tech PVC construction materials, with a total investment capital of VND2.05 trillion ($90.97 billion) and 6,000 employees.
At present, works are being carried out by the enterprise with the aim of completing the repair of the industrial park infrastructure and the five workshops by December this year. It is expected that the whole block will be completely renovated and eligible for business in July 2020.
An Phat Holdings also revealed that the firm expects to achieve the $1 billion revenue in 2018 in all sectors. By taking over IZ, An Phat Holdings will attract domestic and foreign investors and actualise its billion-dollar goal.
The firm also determined that the project’s life cycle is about 39 years (2018-2056) and the payback period is 10 years and six months. The revenue of the Industrial Park will mainly come from the lease of land available with infrastructure for 40 years and completed workshops, while the rest comes from the collection of wastewater treatment fees and infrastructure charges.
Looking at the ongoing projects in the plastics industry, An Phat Complex Hi-Tech IZ is considered a promising corporation.
16 years since its establishment in 2002 with the charter capital of only VND500 million ($22,100), An Phat has a stable position in business and is now a corporation with 2,500 employees and 11 subsidiaries.
In 2017, the thin film packaging production of An Phat Holdings reached 8,000 tonnes per month, which made the firm the largest manufacturer and exporter of plastic films in Southeast Asia, with 100 per cent products exported.
Reviving the notorious Viet Hoa-Kenmark IZ
Viet Hoa-Kenmark IZ was licensed in 2005 with the scale of over 46 hectares in Viet Hoa, Hai Duong. The developer Kenmark Group from Taiwan promised to inject $500 million to turn the empty land into a mammoth IZ.
According to the plan, in the first phase, Kenmark was set to disburse about $98.4 million. However, after three years of deployment and building infrastructure, including a wastewater treatment plant and 13 factories, in 2010, the developer abruptly returned home, suspending the project without further notice.
The problem is that previously Kenmark borrowed $67.6 million from three banks ($39.1 million from BIDV, $18.5 million from SHB, and $10 million from Habubank). Subsequently, Habubank was merged with SHB, who inherited Habubank’s loans.
BIDV also put the IZ on sale numerous times to recover the loans, but failed until the auction on March 2018, where An Phat Hi-Tech Joint Stock Company paid a price equalling the starting price of the auction (VND756.45 billion – $33.47 million), resolving “the blood clot” that Hai Duong authorities were anxious to remove for years.
Now it all rides on An Phat Holding to turn the tides and revive the IZ to gradually realise its billion-dollar revenue target.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)