IPP Group to pour $440 million into Van Don SAEZ
IPP Group is operating series of duty-free stores at the international airports
IPP Group (Imex Pan Pacific Group) has proposed pouring VND10 trillion ($440 million) into the whole non-tariff area of Van Don Special Administrative-Economic Zone (SAEZ) in 2018-2023.
Johnathan Hanh Nguyen, chairman of IPP Group, has just sent a document to the Quang Ninh People’s Committee on the non-tariff area investment in Van Don in the future.
Accordingly, IPP expects to pour VND10 trillion ($440 million) into this project in 2018-2023 to construct duty-free shops and supermarkets, fashion outlet, condotels, a commerce centre and food court, as well as entertainment facilities and offices.
During the last 32 years, IPP has poured $500 million into the duty-free business at international airports such as Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai, Danang, Phu Quoc, and Cam Ranh, and became a strategic partner of major international players DFS (US) and Lotte Duty Free (South Korea).
The total revenue of DFS and Lotte Duty Free hit over $10 billion annually in recent years, with more than 38 million tourists making purchases at their duty-free stores per year.
IPP owns 630 large-scale retail stores to exclusively distribute 96 world-leading brands, including wines, watches, cosmetics, fast food. Its shelves feature patinated brands like Channel, Cartier, Rolex, and Hennessy.
At the meeting with IPP Group, Nguyen Van Thanh, Vice Chairman of the Quang Ninh People's Committee, said that the group's proposal to establish a duty-free area in Van Don suits the provincial development plan in general, and the special zone development strategy in particular.
Thanh asked IPP and Sun Group to research the master plan together to choose a suitable location to develop the project, establish the duty-free area, and promote investment and commerce at Van Don.
Van Don has become the most attractive destination for super projects.
On account of the advantages offered by Van Don SAEZ, Van Don has become the most attractive destination for super projects. These include the Van Don Heritage Road project based on an area of 3,300ha and including nine functional sections.
Sun Group is developing the VND7.5-trillion ($330.4-million) Van Don International Airport and the VND46.5-trillion ($2-billion) premium tourism complex, including a casino.
CEO Group is pouring VND5 trillion ($220.3 million) into Sonasea Van Don Habor City resort based on an area of 94ha, including five sections, namely a 5,000-room hotel, water park, shopping centre, port, and a public beach.
Additionally, FLC Group is developing two large tourism projects, the VND1.12-trillion ($49.3-million) Furama Halong Vietnam Resort and Villas, and a VND46-trillion ($2-billion) resort entertainment complex.
Earlier, Quang Ninh hired Arcadis, CallisonRTKL to provide consultancy services for Van Don SAEZ’s development master plan, which was financed by Sun Group.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)