Hanoi’s mega smart city set to kick-off construction in December
The BRG-Sumitomo joint venture and Hanoi intensify efforts to kick off the construction of Hanoi’s mega smart city project in this December.
The BRG-Sumitomo joint venture and Japanese consultancy unit Nikken Sekkei today held a working session with the Hanoi People’s Committee to report on the implementation of the Nhat Tan-Noi Bai smart city project and listen to instructive comments from the city’s administration to soon start work on the project.
The investors expect that the construction of the $4.2 billion project could be kicked off this December if they receive the project approval and the land on time.
Earlier, joining the entourage of Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to visit Japan, chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung and BRG chairwoman Nguyen Thi Nga held a working session with Sumitomo Group’s chairman Kuniharu Nakamura and CEO Masayuki Hyodo at the Japanese industrial giant’s headquarters in Tokyo.
At the meeting, Chung lauded these groups’ investment plans in Hanoi and stressed that the smart city project has brought Japan into the pole position among foreign investors in Vietnam.
In the upcoming time, Hanoi will try its best to ensure the most favourable conditions in administrative procedures, land acquisition, as well as infrastructure development, paving the way for the joint venture to deploy the project without a hitch.
In May 2018, a Vietnamese-Japanese consortium consisting of four Vietnamese enterprises led by BRG and Sumitomo had submitted a proposal to building a smart city to the Hanoi People’s Committee.
The consortium proposed establishing five companies to execute five component projects, which are scheduled to be kicked off this year and be completed in 2030.
The smart city project is set to span 272 hectares in Hanoi’s outlying district of Dong Anh, connecting with Hanoi city centre via the Nhat Tan-Noi Bai axis and will cost around $4.2 billion in total investment value.
In the first phase, the Sumitomo-BRG joint venture will pour over $1 billion into facilities on an area of 73 hectares.
According to BRG’s chairwoman Nguyen Thi Nga, once completed, the smart city will become a landmark development in Hanoi’s gateway, driving urban growth in the northern Red River area, creating numerous jobs and propelling the city’s socioeconomic development.
Earlier, the co-operation agreement between the Hanoi’s People’s Committee, BRG Group, and Sumitomo Corporation to develop the smart city project was signed in the presence of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc during his official visit to Japan in June 2017.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)