Foreign cash keeps flowing into real estate market
Foreign investors, mostly from Asia, continue making serious investments in Vietnam’s real estate sector.
Japanese Hinokiya and Vietnamese TWG are moving ahead with a plan to set up a joint venture to develop real estate projects in Vietnam after signing a cooperation agreement on June 22.
According to TWG’s CEO Le Cao Minh, the first project to be co-developed will be a Japanese style housing project in HCMC, covering an area of 9.7 hectares.
In mid-May, BW Industrial, a joint venture between Warburg Pincus and Becamex IDC, presented before the public. With initial capital of $200 million, of which 70 percent is from the foreign partner, BW Industrial plans to provide modern storehouses, ready-made workshops, and industrial properties.
Warburg Pincus’ CEO Charles R. Kaye said many foreign investors are coming to Vietnam because of high growth rate. He believes that industrial real estate and logistics markets will have a big impact on economic growth, noting that there are now many foreign investors relocating their factories to Vietnam.
According to the Foreign Investment Agency (FIA), FDI into the real estate sector is increasing steadily with $5.5 billion worth of capital registered in the first six months of the year, which accounted for 27.25 percent of total registered FDI capital.
The committed investment capital is higher than the $3.05 billion in 2017, which accounted for 8.5 percent of total FDI capital of the year.
Meanwhile, investors are targeting many different market segments, including housing development, industrial production, retail premises, offices and tourism real estate.
Foreign capital keeps flowing into the real estate market
FIA noted that many large-scale projects have been registered recently. In late March, Amata Vietnam received a license to develop an industrial city in Quang Ninh covering an area of 714 hectares.
Most recently, South Korean investors got a license to build the Lotte Mall Hanoi project, a complex of shopping mall, hotel, office building and condotels, capitalized at $600 million.
However, the project is small compared with the Smart City project in the communes of Hai Boi and Vinh Ngoc of Dong Anh district in Hanoi. The mammoth project has investment capital of $4.138 billion, registered by a Japanese corporation.
Meanwhile, the M&A market has become very busy. Nomura Real Estate has acquired 24 percent of ownership in Sunwah Tower, an A-class office building with usable area of 20,800 square meters in the central business district 1 in HCMC.
After taking over a 0.9 hectare project in Tay Ho district in Hanoi, CapitaLand will expand its investment portfolio with 12 projects to develop residential quarters, one integrated complex, and 21 serviced house blocks in six cities of Vietnam.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)