FDI: Construction will be a hot growth industry in 2018
With US$ 12.8 billion achieved in 2017, the construction industry in Vietnam will continue to grow hot in 2018, according to experts and businesses.
Investment in Vietnam - Mr. Dinh The Hien, a financial and real estate expert, said that the evidences such as good macroeconomic signals, foreign investment flows, and the development of the real estate market could predict that the construction sector will be high growth this year.
Accordingly, the construction industry will continue to be the leading growth industry in more than past 10 years.
Construction revenue continuously grew in 2007 from US$ 1.2 billion to US$ 12.8 billion in 2017.
Commenting on the Talk show "The potential for development of Vietnam's construction sector in 2018" held by Thanh Nien Newspaper on January 2, 2018, Mr. Hien said that the foreign direct investment capital in Vietnam will make up for problems and create conditions for the construction industry to develop.
Both FDI and merger and acquisition deals took place strongly into real estate by the end of 2017. Tourism resorts will be the bomb for the construction industry this year, "even beyond 2017” He said.
Mr. Su Ngoc Khuong, Investment Director of Savills Company said that the period 2018-2020 is a great opportunity for the group of civil engineering companies. Capital mobilization of construction and real estate from foreign countries or the stock market will pour into the construction industry to create rapid growth in the future.
Le Viet Hai, General Director of Hoa Binh Construction Group, said that local companies in Vietnam have mastered the market.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)