Dong Nai: A great Victory in Investment Attraction
In 2017, Dong Nai will continue succeeding in attracting domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) with many big investment projects and fast-deploying projects.
Investment in Vietnam - Domestic investment with many large-scale projects
According to the Department of Planning and Investment, the province has attracted about 83 domestic investment projects in 2017. Of which, 69 new projects has been newly licensed with a total registered capital of more than VND24.5 trillion and 14 projects adjusted to increase capital of over VND3.7 trillion. Thus, domestic investment attraction in Dong Nai in 2017 reached more than VND28.3 trillion, up 2.5 times compared with the year plan.
Most domestic investment projects focus on real estate, infrastructure and industry. Specifically, the service center in Hiep Phuoc commune and Long Tho commune (Nhon Trach district) registered capital of nearly VND 5 trillion. The next is residential area project combining with commercial services, high-rise housing and resettlement in Buu Long ward (Bien Hoa city) has a total registered capital of over VND834 billion. Clean chicken breeding project in Xuan Hoa commune (Xuan Loc district) registered VND376 billion capital and so on.
Besides, the province has been careful in attracting investment, only inviting projects with modern technology, friendly with environment, high technology, supporting industries, infrastructure, Commerce and services. Projects with high pollution risks and excessive use of unskilled labor will be denied.
FDI increased by 82% compared to the plan
Total newly registered FDI capital and capital increase in 12 months of 2017 reached US$1.82 billion, up 82% compared with the plan in 2017. Of which, 83 new projects were newly licensed with total capital of US$ 1 billion; 115 projects adjusted capital with a total capital increase of US$ 805 million. Up to now, Dong Nai has 1,746 FDI projects with total investment of US$31.8 billion, 1,306 valid projects (US$ 26.9 billion). 440 projects recovered with a total capital of US$ 4.9 billion. Foreign direct investment projects came from 45 countries and territories, 3 countries and regions led by Korea, Japan and Taiwan respectively.
The projects in Dong Nai province are in line with the province's policy of attracting investment, which is selective in favor of projects tied with hi-tech, skilled labor and industrial production, friendly environment.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)