Da Nang Attracts Nearly US$ 112 Million in FDI in 2017
Foreign direct investment (FDI) has played an important role in the economy of Da Nang. In 2018, the city continues to promote FDI attraction activities.
Investment in Vietnam - The year of APEC 2017 went through, closed a successful year of the investment promotion and support of Da Nang city. US$ 111.9 million was the total FDI capital attracted of the province last year, an increase of 6.5 times compared to 2016, Nguyen Ky Anh, Deputy Director of the Danang IPA, said.
Of which, there are 16 projects registered in industrial zones (IPs) with a total capital of US$ 24.341 million; 86 projects registered outside the IZ with total capital of US$ 65.5 million; One project registered to operate in the Hi-Tech Park with total investment capital of US$ 28.527 million; 6 projects increased capital with a total capital increase of US$938.566.
Up to now, the city has 546 FDI projects with total investment capital of more than US$ 3 billion in various fields.
Investors from Singapore ranked first in the investment ranking in Da Nang with a total registered capital of US$ 829.05 million - accounting for 27.62%; The second place is Japan with US$629.48 million - accounting for 20.73%; The U.S. ranked third with US$ 518.83 million - accounting for 17.08%, followed by Korean investors with US$ 253.09 million - accounting for 8.3%.
In 2018, the Standing Committee of Danang Party Committee selected the theme: investment attraction year. Deputy Director of Da Nang IPA, said that to further promote the attraction, Da Nang will continue to organize large-scale promotional activities, media and seminars. Da Nang IPA also determined that embassies and international trade and investment promotion organizations in Vietnam are important links in the calling strategy and investment attraction. Through the introduction as well as the information provided by these agencies, the city will approach potential investors to promote investment decisions that include large corporations, multinational companies and enterprises which have the need to seek and expand business abroad.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)