Chinese businesses want to invest in hi-tech agriculture in Vietnam
Mr. Rocky Sun, Vice President of China-ASEAN Chamber of Commerce for Agriculture (CACAC)
Vice Chairman of the ASEAN-China Chamber of Commerce said that no high-tech agricultural zone in Vietnam has been built by the joint venture between Vietnam and China.
At present, China is a huge market of agricultural products with the scale of more than 1.5 billion people; It attracts products from many countries in the world, including Vietnam.
However, talks with TheLEADER, Rocky Sun, vice president of the CACAC, said that the quality of the product is a factor that is very interested in the Chinese market. We hope that Vietnam's agricultural products will be high quality products.
The CACAC leader said that more investment in hi-tech agriculture will help solve this problem and help Vietnam to create favorable conditions to attract investment from China as well as foreign-invested enterprises. High quality agricultural products will help meet the high demand of the domestic market and can export to the third market.
"After 16 years of working in the agricultural sector in Vietnam, I am very well aware of this and realize the great potential of you in agricultural development, especially in high-tech agriculture." Mr. Rocky Sun shared.
Firstly, Rocky Sun pointed out that Vietnam has good human resources, hard working and large natural resources that are favorable for agricultural development, especially agricultural land. In addition, Vietnam has the same border with China, a huge market with over 1.5 billion people.
"So I think the two countries need to work closely together and find the best way to produce better quality agricultural and food products and ensure the supply of the two countries' markets, export to other markets, "CACAC said.
However, Rocky Sun said there are still many shortcomings so that the sector can flourish, especially in terms of policy.
"We hope the governments of the two countries will have stronger support for associations and businesses who really want to invest in agriculture, especially high-tech agriculture; This is a very important factor, "said Rocky Sun.
Second, according to CACAC representatives, enterprises of the two countries need to better understand each other, especially in the field of agriculture and food industry. Businesses need to spend time exploring the market and find ways to invest in the two countries.
For example, Vietnamese businesses should invest in China as distributors and build their distribution networks. In addition, Chinese businesses are looking to Vietnam more and want to invest in agricultural areas and build production lines.
Another important fact that CACAC leaders point to is the mutual trust between the businesses of the two parties.
"I have been in Vietnam for a long time and I realize that some Vietnamese businesses are trying to find the best partners. But in fact, Chinese businesses are now fully capable of working with Vietnamese businesses operating in the food and agriculture sector, "said Rocky Sun.
According to Rocky Sun, it's not necessary to go too far to find a partner while prices and costs are too high.
However, the CACAC leadership acknowledged that the investment environment in Vietnam in recent years has been greatly improved. The government, agencies, departments and localities have also created conditions for enterprises to develop, step by step remove difficulties and obstacles for enterprises.
Rocky Sun hopes in the future will have more hi-tech agricultural areas developed by joint venture between China and Vietnam. It is known that there is an industrial park developed by the two countries but no hi-tech agricultural area developed by enterprises of the two countries.
"Currently we have plans to develop hi-tech agriculture in Vietnam but are still looking for a good and suitable place to develop the project, we are also waiting for the support from the Government and are looking for Vietnamese partners, "the CACAC leader said.
On the other hand, at the meeting of localities and enterprises of Vietnam-China taken place in the framework of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS-6) and the 10th Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam Development Triangle Summit (CLV-10), Mr. Indu Bhushan, representative of The Asian Development Bank (ADB), pledged to improve the financial and infrastructure gaps in Vietnam-China connectivity, invest more resources in lending and support technology.
Indu Bhushan said that the export of agricultural products is still a great source of livelihood, but a problem that businesses in the two countries are facing is congestion in the border area.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)