Binh Duong Expects a Surge in Investment
In the New Year 2018, Binh Duong province will continue to focus on improving the business investment environment, supporting domestic and foreign enterprises to develop with the expectation of speeding up the attraction activities.
Investment in Vietnam - As of December 2017, Binh Duong attracted a total of 3,037 FDI projects with a total registered investment capital of US$ 28.47 billion, ranking second in the country after Ho Chi Minh City. Of which, 1,878 were invested in industrial zones with a total registered investment capital of US$ 19.52 billion, accounting for 68.5% of FDI capital.
As for investment partners, more than 64 countries and territories have invested in Binh Duong so far, of these emerging more and more transnational corporations and companies with financial and technological capabilities such as Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Samoa are the countries, territories have long term relationship and sustainable investment with Binh Duong province.
The processing industry is the leading industry in attracting FDI with 2,406 valid projects, with total investment capital of more than US$ 19 billion, accounting for 82% of the total registered capital in the whole province. The second largest one is real estate business with large scale investment projects in infrastructure of industrial parks and residential areas, includes 37 valid projects, total registered investment capital of 3.2 billion, accounting for 14% of the total registered capital in the province. Other sectors such as trade in services of goods distribution, construction and transport have gradually taken up a relatively large capital of the FDI sector in Binh Duong.
Investment in FDI has contributed to the economic restructuring and industrial production capacity with nearly 82% of total FDI into Binh Duong province in the field of production. Binh Duong is aiming at sustainable economic development, in association with environmental protection. Therefore, technology transfer through FDI projects to access and step by step applying advanced technology of developed countries is an important objective in attracting FDI of the province.
In 2018, the province will continue to effectively implement the solutions associated with the program attracting investment in the period 2016-2020. To continue attracting investment in the field of trade in services, urban development projects, hi-tech agricultural projects, hi-tech production projects, supporting industries, low environmental pollution, etc. The Binh Duong focus on smart city development, especially the New City Center development scheme, along with e-government will bring the best conditions for Binh Duong to create the ideal business investment environment, expected to create a wave of investment in Binh Duong in the future.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)