An American enterprise to invest $4 billion in LNG energy project in Bac Lieu - Vietnam
A project to produce LNG energy and gas will be deployed by the US investor in Bac Lieu province. The total investment of the project is up to $4 billion.
People's Committee of Bac Lieu province and Energy Capital Vietnam have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on investment in the construction of a project to supply natural gas (LNG) and LNG power plant in the coastal area of Bac Lieu province.
The project has a total investment of about 91,400 billion VND (equivalent to 4 billion USD), 3,200 MW.
According to the plan, the project will be implemented in 10 years, from 2018 to 2017 and divided into 3 phases. Phase I, to complete construction of a 1,000 MW power plant, is expected to start in 2018 and come into operation by the end of 2021. In Phase II, the construction of a new power plant with the capacity of 1,000 MW, to be operational by the end of 2024. Phase III, a distance of 1,200 MW, will come into operation in 2027.
The project will be built on an area of 100 hectares. The specific location is determined based on the study of site assessment in accordance with the requirements of the project, avoiding the use of protective forest.
According to the leadership of Bac Lieu People's Committee, the development of the project is in line with the national energy development strategy as well as the actual situation in the locality, especially when the Prime Minister approves the province to withdraw the project of Cai Cung Thermal Power Plant (Hoa Binh district) out of national electricity planning.
After the MOU signing ceremony, there will be a series of further work to be done, such as research, survey and preparation of project investment preparation procedures, reporting to relevant authorities for investment policy, Certificate of investment ...
If approved, this will be the largest foreign invested project in Bac Lieu ever. And if it is approved, this will be one of Vietnam's large scale gas projects.
Recently, in Singapore, the People's Committee of Quang Ngai ptovince and Sembcorp Group (Singapore) signed the MoU on the implementation of the Quang Ngai Electricity Project with the investment capital of over $ 2 billion.
This project was originally planned for construction of thermal power plant by Sembcorp, but after the information on Ca Voi Xanh gas field to be exploited, it was switched to gas power plant.
Quang Nam and Quang Ngai have also been approved by the Prime Minister to become the Central Electric Power Center, with a total capacity of 4 plants with a total capacity of 3,000 MW.
NEWS AND EVENTS
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
INVESTMENT PROMOTION INFO
- [EuroCham Webinar] Decision 13 – Final FIT for Renewable Energy in Vietnam (23/04/2020)
- THE SITUATION OF ATRACTTING FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN THE FIRST 3 MONTHS OF 2020 (19/04/2020)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- THU THUA INDUSTRIAL ZONE (15/01/2020)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)