Amata Group receives investment certificate for industrial park
Mr. Nguyen Duc Long, Chairman of Quang Ninh People's Committee, granted the investment certificate to investors. Photo: Manh Truong.
Amata Group’s dream about developing the VND3.5-trillion ($153.56 million) Song Khoai Industrial Park in the northern province of Quang Ninh came closer to reality after the Thai investor received the investment certificate.
On March 30, the Quang Ninh People’s Committee granted the investment certificate to Amata Group to build Song Khoai Industrial Park located in Quang Yen town.
The project marks the first IP invested by Thai investors and the fourth by foreign investors in the province since 2014.
Covering an area of 714 hectares, the construction will be divided into five phases with the total investment capital of VND3.5 trillion ($153.56 million). According to plan, the first phase of the project will welcome the first investors by the end of 2019.
The purpose of Amata is to lure in sub-investors operating in the manufacturing and processing sector, hi-tech, biotechnology, and software.
In reality, Amata has been planning to develop the project in 2013 after the group, in collaboration with the Quang Ninh People’s Committee and Tuan Chau Group, signed a memorandum of understanding to develop a hi-tech industrial park and township complex located in Phuong Dong ward of the province.
|This marks the first IP project invested by Thai investors and the fourth by foreign investors in the province since 2014.|
According to the initial plan, the construction of the project was to be kicked off in December 2013 and finished by the end of 2014. However, the construction was delayed because the investor proposed to change the site from Phuong Dong ward to Song Khoai commune.
After the change was approved by the authorities, it took a long time for the authorities and the investor to complete the procedures to replace Phuong Nam IP by the Song Khoai project in Vietnam’s IP development planning by 2020.
Along with the IP, Amata plans to build Halong Smart City with a total investment capital sum of $1.6 billion.
The project would focus on hi-tech IP development, automation, information technology, and especially electronics. The investor would also call for investment in research and development centres, logistics, exhibition centres, and laboratories in Halong.
Covering an area of 714 hectares in the first phase, the project is expected to generate 300,000 jobs for Vietnamese people as well as bring in approximately $5 billion in annual revenue.
The group submitted the documents of the Amata City Halong project to the government one year ago for approval, however, it has yet to receive feedback.
Amata entered Vietnam in 1994 via establishing Amata Vietnam, a joint venture of Amata Corporation PCL and Vietnamese Sonadezi Bien Hoa, a state-owned industrial real estate developer in Dong Nai. To date, it developed two projects in Dong Nai, including Amata City Bien Hoa and Amata City Long Thanh.
Accordingly, Amata City Bien Hoa is home to 164 investors from 21 countries and territories with the total registered investment of $2.66 billion and generates 49,000 jobs.
Meanwhile, the Amata City Long Thanh industrial and urban complex covers a total of 1,270 hectares, 33 per cent of which is taken up by a hi-tech IP and 67 per cent by an urban community area.
- FDI in Vietnam – Where is the Investment Going? (12/08/2019)
- HCM City solicits investment in infrastructure (30/07/2019)
- Vietnam - Japan Business Matching Symposium 2019 (29/07/2019)
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam (15/07/2019)
- FDI reaches record level in four months (08/07/2019)
- Powering 220 kV Southern Sai Gon - Urban District 8 transmission line (27/06/2019)
- EVFTA Press Release - Official Announcement from the EU (26/06/2019)
- PM calls on Korean investors to expand operations in Vietnam (12/11/2018)
- E-commerce golden pass for logistics (12/11/2018)
- Hoa Phu Industrial Park - The destination of success (12/11/2018)
- Long Thanh airport’s feasibility study approved (12/11/2018)
- Renewable energy projects spur foreign investment surge (02/11/2018)
- New innovation centre to provide grounds for Vietnam 4.0 (02/11/2018)
- National Assembly set to ratify historic trade deal (02/11/2018)
- Overseas financiers outline obstacles (02/11/2018)
- Moody’s upgrades ratings on Vietnamese banks (01/11/2018)
- Foreign investors expand networks in Vietnam (01/11/2018)
- Altus Capital funded to invest in distressed Southeast Asian companies (01/11/2018)
- More FDI to reach southern region (01/11/2018)
- Foreign fashion giants set footprint in Vietnam through M&A (31/10/2018)
- Key infrastructure projects calling for investment in HCMC (08/07/2019)
- Bac Ninh licenses 116 FDI projects in seven months (22/08/2018)
- Binh Phuoc licenses 24 projects worth $1 billion (22/08/2018)
- Hue targets $56mil in investment this year (15/08/2018)
- Hanoi seeks approval for Vingroup’s $300 million IT park (31/07/2018)
- List of Project Calling For Investment in Lam Dong Province in 2018 (31/07/2018)
- Kien Giang calls for investment in 12 resort projects (31/07/2018)
- Decree amendments open paid TV firms to foreign investment (30/07/2018)
- Vietnam: Opportunities in the Waste-to-Energy Sector (24/07/2018)
- Can Tho City seeks investment for 54 projects worth $5.4 billion (20/07/2018)
- Hoa Lac High-tech Park aims for $1 billion investment in 2018 (19/07/2018)
- Large-scale undersea tunnel to be constructed next year (19/07/2018)
- Map of industrial parks in Vietnam (23/07/2019)
- 493 Projects Invested in Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones (09/02/2018)
- Thai Binh Strives to Attract Investment Capital of VND 5000 billion in Industrial Parks and Economic Zones (07/02/2018)
- Vinh Phuc Adds 4 New FDI Projects in Industrial Zones (07/02/2018)
- Dung Quat EZ and Quang Ngai IPs Attracted 258 Projects with a Total Investment Capital of More Than US$ 11 Billion (30/01/2018)
- Solutions to attract Investment Capital into Industrial Parks in Bac Giang Province (19/01/2018)
- Nghi Son Economic Zone and Industrial Zones Received 66 new Investment Projects (08/01/2018)